Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Update

I went to my oncologist yesterday and just thought I would update everyone. I had numerous tests done--a thyroid ultrasound, a chest xray, and bloodwork galore--and everything look really good! My doctor thinks that the radioactive iodine and surgeries were successful at this point. However, the true test is still yet to come. In July I have to get more testing done (thyrogen), and possibly another radioactive iodine treatment/scan. I am hoping to avoid doing that again, but obviously I want to do what is necessary.

At this point, we are pretty optimistic. My energy levels are increasing and I am finally starting to shed a pound here and there. Good thing too because those kiddos of mine are running me ragged!

2 comments:

  1. That is SUCH great news! I still can't believe all you've been through over the past year, year and a half. You're a tough lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I am sure July will come out well too!!!

    ReplyDelete