Saturday, November 21, 2009

Decorating the Tree and Injuries

Well, I just wanted to write a quick post about Thomas. On Thursday, he could see our neighbor’s dog out of the window of the back door. He got super excited and took off in a full sprint to get a better view. On his way, he hit the corner of his little picnic table and tripped. During his fall, he hit his head on the paneling of one of the window panes. As I rushed over to him, blood was pouring down his little face. I went into panic mode, of course, and called up Cortney (making her leave in the middle of her work day) to come and look after Kevin and Lucas. I rushed Thomas to Urgent Care where he wound up having to get 4 stitches! I cannot believe that he is not even 2 years old yet and already had to get stitches! I have a feeling mine and Paul’s lives are NOT going to be boring!


On another note, we decorated our Christmas tree tonight. It was interesting to say the least. Over 10 of my ornaments were broken by the boys, which didn’t really bug me too much until Thomas deliberately stomped on some Mickey Mouse ornaments that poor little Lucas was ecstatically admiring. Needless to say, decorating a tree with three crazy little boys was an eventful experience.

Little Thomas' Cut and Stitches

Here it is again--poor guy!

Lucas REALLY loves Mickey Mouse

Cheese!
Thomas, wearing Kevin's snow boots, decorating the tree

Lucas, carefully hanging his ornament



Kevin in front of the freshly decorated tree

1 comment:

  1. Man I love those boys! And no your life doesn't seem to be getting any easier =) Just different with each stage of excitment! =)

    ReplyDelete